General Council Has Winter Meeting in the Springs
The General Council will be meeting in Colorado Springs, CO this weekend. We will meet Friday and Saturday evening with some of our members attending all three Colorado churches for worship on Sabbath day.
We covet your prayers as we continue to move forward in implementing our transition plan for 2015.
This weekend, we will be:
- Discussing appointments for the upcoming Conference year (obituaries coordinator, etc.)
- Hiring a Director of Church Development and Pastoral Services as well as preparing to onboard new Director of Communications, Jeremiah Owen, and new Director of Education and History, Nick Kersten.
- Discussing our communication plans for a Vision Map for SDBs
- Reviewing progress on Action Items from the 2014 Conference Sessions
- Hearing updates on membership requests from five churches
- Discussing and making plans to evaluate our annual Conference Sessions while hearing updates on locations and plans for current and future Conference Sessions.
- Reviewing reports from boards, agencies, committees, and executives
- Praying for our churches, agencies/allied societies, executives and staff
- Discussing many more topics
We are so thankful for the work of our executives, Councils, Allied Societies, and other volunteers! It’s their dedication and diligence that helps SDBs to actively advance God’s Kingdom.
Please lift our travels and meetings in your prayers. It is a joy and honor for the General Council to serve SDBs. If you have anything that you would like the General Council to discuss, pray about, or hear about or if your church would be interested in hosting one of our meetings, please feel free to contact Executive Director Rob Appel.