Vision / Mission | History | Services | Scholarships | Loans
Vision / Mission
We are the Lord’s stewards of gift to the Memorial Fund. We employ these assets under the guidance of the Holy Spirit to promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The mission of the Trustees of the Seventh Day Baptist Memorial Fund, Inc. is to invest and distribute the physical and financial gifts of past and present and future donors, to extend the work of the Seventh Day Baptists in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to today’s world.
In 1871, as a part of the bicentennial celebration of the first Seventh Day Baptist church in America, five associations “adopted with great unanimity, a proposition and plan for raising funds for educational and other denominational purposes.” General Conference unanimously accepted the plan with a target of $100,000. (Greater Than Its Parts, Don Sanford, 2007)
Today the Memorial Fund manages an endowment invested in a diverse portfolio to generate income for the Seventh Day Baptist General Conference, Societies & Agencies, and member churches.
Memorial Fund Services Include … Endowment income for the SDB General Conference, Societies, Agencies, Associations, and churches …
- Conference Services
- Council on Ministry
- Tract & Communications Council
- Historical Society
- Missionary Society
- Women’s Society
- Board of Christian Education
- Purchase of New Property
- 529 College Savings Accounts for Qualifying Pastors’ Children
- Custodial Accounts for SDB Churches, Associations, Societies & Agencies
– Custodial Agreement (pdf)
- New Ministry Matching Program – Provides matching fund grants of up to $10,000 over 5 years to assist with new outreach
– New Ministry Matching Grant Program (pdf)
- Establish annuity accounts as a way for retirement planning and making gifts to the Memorial Fund.
For a loan application, contact Memorial Fund Financial Director, Ron Ochs at email@example.com or (608) 752-5055.
If you have any questions or need additional information on any of the services, please contact the Memorial Fund Financial Director, Ron Ochs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 752-5055.
If you would like to make a one-time or recurring donation to the Memorial Fund, please click on the link below. You will be given an opportunity to specify that your donation is for the Memorial Fund.