The Helping Hand is a lesson guide for students. Our lessons are usually based on the International Bible Lessons for Christian Teaching. Because this lesson series is widely used, we know that our Sabbath School teachers can use helps produced by many Christian publishers.
Lesson outlines are produced by the Committee on the Uniform Series. A uniform lesson series has been used in the United States since 1866. Seventh Day Baptists have been using the International Lessons since 1873 when the lessons were distributed by other publishers (The Sabbath Recorder, March 13, 1873, p. 42). The monthly Sabbath School Journal published in 1874 carried the International Lessons. Beginning in 1875 the Lesson Leaves based on the International Lesson Series were printed in The Sabbath Recorder through 1884 (Seventh Day Baptists in Europe and America, p. 279).
The Helping Hand in Bible School Work was first used by our Sabbath Schools on Sabbath Day, January 3, 1885. The Rev. Arthur E. Main, the quarterly´s main designer, was the first editor.
To order printed copies of the Helping Hand, please contact the Seventh Day Baptist Christian Education Council at:
- PO Box 1678, Janesville, WI 53547
- (608) 752-5055
The Helping Hand is available for Kindle readers. Just follow this link to the page that shows what is available right now.
The Helping Hand is translated into Spanish and published by a dedicated group people. If you would like more information. Please contact us.
Large Print Edition
The Board of Christian Education distributes a large print edition of the Helping Hand by email to churches in the USA and Canada that subscribe to the Helping Hand. To request your copy of the file, please contact us and ask for a copy to be sent. If you cannot print a copy from the supplied PDF, let us know and a printed copy can be sent to you for a small fee which covers the cost of printing and postage.
- Provide for adults and older youth a quarterly for personal or group use in gaining a renewed knowledge of the Bible, Christian beliefs and church life characteristic of Seventh Day Baptists.
- Enable such study of Christian convictions as will develop the student´s abilities to share their faith.
- Strengthen appreciation of Seventh Day Baptist heritage and conviction.
- Nurture moral and spiritual aspects of daily living and decision-making.
- Provide resources for daily devotions.
- Encourage the educational ministry of Seventh Day Baptists around the world.