We Love the Conference So Much….
The SDB General Council meets this Valentine’s Day weekend at the SDB Center in Janesville, WI. We LOVE serving SDBs and the Kingdom this way.
Most of this meeting will be spent evaluating the programs of our boards and Allied Societies.
If you have been praying for us, please continue. If you haven’t been praying for us, it is never too late to start. We covet your prayers.
This weekend we will be:
- Planning for uninterrupted service through 2014 of the major services provided by our Director of Communications.
- Continuing to strive towards a longer term vision of SDBs, with a focus on church development.
- Ensuring transition between our boards and Allied Societies goes smoothly.
- Following up on action items from the 2013 General Conference sessions.
- Gauging the next steps in church development with the help of two task forces: one for church planting and one for church revitalization
- Starting a NEW budget process for the 2015 Denominational Budget
- Conducting the annual evaluation of the performance of our Executive Director, Rob Appel
- Praying for our churches, boards/allied societies, executives, and staff
- Discussing many more topics
I am reminded this weekend of love (by every commercial I see). May we always be reminded of God’s everlasting love for us.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 ESV
Please lift our travels and meetings in your prayers, especially with bad storms in the east affecting travel. We will be praying for those impacted by the storm.
If you have anything that you would like the General Council to discuss, pray about, or hear about or if your church would be interested in hosting one of our meetings, please feel free to contact me at john.j.pethtel AT gmail DOT com.