Each year the SDB Christian Education Council solicits nominees for the Sabbath School Teacher of the Year.
Any member church (or branch church) of the General Conference may nominate ONE Sabbath School teacher (Nursery through Adult).
Selection for this award shall be based on the following criteria:
- The Sabbath School Teacher of the Year shall exhibit the qualities of faith and teaching found in the life and teachings of Christ;
- serve as a Sabbath School Teacher;
- and be a member of the nominating church.
- Other Christian Education service shall contribute to a fuller appreciation of the nominee’s Christian service.
- A church whose nominee has received the Crystal Apple Award is ineligible for the following three years.
The Christian Education Council selects a person from those nominated to be honored at General Conference. This person receives a certificate of award and a crystal apple.
The deadline for nominations for this award for the 2015-2016 Conference year is June 15, 2017. The nominations form can be downloaded below. Upon completion of the nomination form, it should be sent to the Director of Education and History, Nick Kersten, either by email (email@example.com) or by postal mail (SDB Center, Attn: Nick, PO Box 1678, Janesville, WI 53547). Nominations sent by postal mail must be postmarked by June 12, 2017 to be accepted.
Sabbath School Teacher of the Year Nomination Form (fillable PDF)