The New Media Logo/Icon
The design started as a response to update to the current logo/icon for the denomination, one to capture what SDBs are and reframe for use in new media. In designing it we strove to capture the following elements:
- Narrow Path
- Incorporation of the number “7”
- Unique and instantly recognizable logo, giving instant recognition like the Nike “Swoosh” or Apple “Apple”.
The color palette was chosen to be a representation of water (Baptism) and pairing it with a green to represent the new life we have in Christ. The subtle flame is set to tie back to the old SDB logo showing our connection to our past storied history as SDBs along with the properties of fire (as a refiner, purifier in addition to God’s own appearance as fire throughout the Bible)
In the flame can be seen several items:
- Starting at the top of the cross found in the inverse (white space) can be seen a “7” representing the 7th day Sabbath we as Seventh Day Baptists hold to.
- This white space can also be seen as a road that narrows, bringing forth reference to Matthew 7:13-14 and “The Narrow Path”.
- The white space also can be seen as a river, again tying into Baptism.
The cross shows our ties to our core belief in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and His sacrifice on the cross for our sins.
The overarching goal was to combine the above elements into something that was modern, yet timeless, unique and instantly recognizable.