Sabbath School Teacher of the Year Nomination Deadline Extended!
In the May edition of the Sabbath Recorder, the Christian Education Council informed local churches of the approaching deadline for the Crystal Apple award, given each year to an outstanding and faithful Sabbath School teacher honoring them as Sabbath School Teacher of the Year. This year, the deadline for applications has been extended to June 15, 2017!
The Crystal Apple award is an opportunity for your church, and our Conference, to honor those who commit to faithfully teaching God’s Word week after week, year after year, using their giftedness and skills to help us all be trained up in the Lord.
As a reminder…
Any member church (or branch church) of the General Conference may nominate ONE Sabbath School teacher (Nursery through Adult).
Selection for this award shall be based on the following criteria:
- The Sabbath School Teacher of the Year shall exhibit the qualities of faith and teaching found in the life and teachings of Christ;
- serve as a Sabbath School Teacher;
- and be a member of the nominating church.
- Other Christian Education service shall contribute to a fuller appreciation of the nominee’s Christian service.
- A church whose nominee has received the Crystal Apple Award is ineligible for the following three years.
The Christian Education Council selects a person from those nominated to be honored at General Conference. This person receives a certificate of award and a crystal apple.
The nominations form can be downloaded below. Upon completion of the nomination form, it should be sent to the Director of Education and History, Nick Kersten, either by email (email@example.com) or by postal mail (SDB Center, Attn: Nick, PO Box 1678, Janesville, WI 53547). Nominations sent by postal mail must now be postmarked by June 12, 2017 to be accepted.
Let us honor your hard working Sabbath School teachers!